Sunday, May 4, 2008

O Club


My first exposure to schnitzel was at the Officer's Club. We had just moved there and I wasn't too keen on trying new foods. Dad figured we'd like schnitzel, and he was right, but it took some coaxing. Since we lived in the Sonnenhof in Vaihingen those first few weeks, we weren't doing our own cooking, so we ate here quite a bit. I eventually got around to trying other foods, but schniztel was a staple. Also, remember the LaRomantica pizza joint downstairs? At first that seemed promising.......a place for the teens to hang. But I only remember going there once. Hmmmm. I also remember feeding nickels and quarters into the slot machines upstairs and the occasional bazaars where you could buy all things Deutsch.

1 comment:

Hot Chocolate said...

I loved the huge chandeliers. At least they were huge to me then. And I loved it when Dad would sneak me into the slot machines to put a few dimes in....a highlight amongst all the schnitzel.