
When we first moved to Vaihingen in 1984, I immediately started figuring out how to get downtown. I had to catch the #84 or #7945 bus from the underpass near the BMW building. It would take you to the Schillerplatz, where you could either stay on the bus downtown, or get off and take the #1 or #14 U-bahn to downtown. The bus was faster, but the U-bahn was fun. Tom and I used to ride our bikes all the way downtown (in that traffic, were we nuts?), which was almost all downhill into the valley, and then put them on the U-bahn for the ride back uphill to Vaihingen. Sometimes they'd let us, sometimes we'd get something like "Bitte umsteigen mit deine fahrrad!" But then the S-bahn started working in '85 and the bus ended at the Vaihingen bahnhof and you transferred to the S-bahn, which was way fast. I think the U-bahn will still take you, though. Don't ask me why I remember all those numbers. Too many hours riding.
No comments:
Post a Comment